Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
Salem, Oregon, United States

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The joys of raising meat rabbits


Glenn started raising rabbits a month and a half ago. I was very against the thought of having my sweet husband butcher rabbits in our back yard but, I am very proud of him for being a strong provider. I am a meat eater and everyday that goes by I feel better about being apart of a family producing and tending to our own meat supply instead of paying someone else to do it. :)

Later I hope to blog about our family garden.
We have four does and one buck. Our Ruby Red (R R) had a litter of kits two days ago. Sadly one kit died. We have five kits doing great and one little runt who needs our assistance with feedings. Glenn calmed R R in his arms. I covered the little runt with the hair R R pulled from her body to warm her babies, then I found a nipple and help him/her to momma for his feeding.

No comments:

Post a Comment